Is South Coast Church connected to a particular Denomination?
South Coast Church is a member church of the General Council of the Assemblies of God (USA), which is one of the largest Pentecostal denominations in the United States. Our movement was originally organized in 1914 as a coalition of ministers who desired to work together to fulfill the common goal of answering the Great Commission to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ worldwide.
We believe the following:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God
- There is only one true God who has revealed Himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is God, the Son, who came to this Earth, was born of the Virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, performed miracles, died on the cross for the sins of mankind. He rose from the dead and is seated at the right-hand of God the Father.
- Mankind is in a “fallen state” because of sin and cannot reach Heaven or God on their own merits.
- Our only hope for Salvation is through the gift of Jesus Christ who shed His blood to pay the price for all of our sins. To receive the gift of Salvation an individual must believe in Jesus Christ and what He did on the cross, repent from sins and ask Jesus to become Lord of his/her life.
- We celebrate the Ordinances of Holy Communion and Water Baptism.
- We believe in the Baptism in the Holy Spirit which is a distinct experience. This in-filling gives the individual supernatural power to live for Jesus and power to serve God’s purposes. We believe this is for all believers. We also believe that the Gifts of the Spirit should be active in the lives of believers today.
- We believe that the first physical sign or witness that an individual has experienced Baptism in the Holy Spirit is their speaking in a new prayer language given by God.
- We believe a person is “born again” and set apart from sin at the moment they accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. We believe that our being “set apart” is then evidenced by the commitment and practice of living a life dedicated to becoming more like Jesus each day.
- The church is the Body of Christ and has a mission to share Jesus with the world. All believers should be in fellowship with a local church body.
- We believe in the divine call and ordination of ministers to challenge, encourage, teach, empower and release the local church members as God leads.
- We believe in Divine Healing and that deliverance from sickness was and is paid for by Jesus on the Cross.
- We believe in Christ’s return (The Rapture of the Church) when he takes both living and dead believers to be with Him.
- We believe in a time of Tribulation, The Millennial Reign of Christ, The Final Judgement and the New Heavens and Earth.